The company responsible for this technology, Immarsat, invested about $1.2 billion in infrastructure for this satellite network, including 3 new satellites constructed by Boeing. This network forms the GX constellation. A fourth satellite is planned for launch later in 2016 to enhance the network even further.
The satellites use a combination of fixed narrow spot beams and steerable beams, which add up to real-time additional capacity for users. They have teamed up with Cisco to develop the Inmarsat Service Enablement Platform and the Inmarsat Gateway to create content-rich applications. These applications are custom tailored to meet customer needs.
Global Xpress has possible applications in many different fields. Some of these fields include:
· Business Enterprise – The Ka-band network delivers secure, end-to-end wideband connectivity, ideal for business customers. The network is well suited for business continuity, emergency response and backhaul services. GX offers one IP address for a business’s entire operation, and it has predictable performance globally. It has seamless integration into the corporate network, too. In addition to seamless communication, GX offers flexible plans to accommodate occasional use.
· Government – The Ka-band network delivers secure, end-to-end wideband connectivity, ideal for government customers. The network is well suited for live full motion video, special operations, expeditionary forces, surveillance, reconnaissance, airborne intelligence, command and control and theatre backhaul.
· Military – With the mobile nature of military, often located in very remote locations, and needing real-time connectivity, Global Xpress offers solutions. Military users need guaranteed “at least” data rates, and Global Xpress delivers. The compact terminals offer reliable broadband service from a single provider that are built to handle government mission-critical needs.
· Aviation – Passengers and airline personnel can get reliable service in the sky. The network is backed with a two-receiver antenna technology that ensures the connection is never dropped. Service is offered through Jet ConneX and GX Aviation.
· Maritime – Fleet Xpress can even deliver the same reliable, fast broadband service at sea. They guarantee performance for all of their customers and offer fully managed support 24/7. This technology can improve efficiency, safety, compliance and IT security.
This technology is on the cutting edge of satellite broadband. It is faster and less expensive than other Ka-and market offerings and the terminals are smaller and more cost-effective. Terminals are easy to set up by one person alone. And the great news is, customers who were already on the Inmarsat global service package can use both Inmarsat’s L-band and Global Xpress networks.
If you are looking for speed and reliability for your business or organization, you will want more details on Global Xpress. Contact New York Mobile Satellite for products, services and packages. Our knowledgeable professionals will help you get the technology you need for success.
New York Mobile Satellite LLC, veteran-owned, headquartered in New York City, provides B2B wireless and satellite based telecommunication services, both mobile and fixed, to commercial enterprises around the globe, including banking, financial services, oil and gas, first responders, law enforcement, electric and water utilities, construction, sea ports, leisure boating, mining, cruise lines, media, shipping and container vessels, transportation, camping and hiking groups, rescue organizations, maritime communications, public safety markets and government sector, as well as for disaster recovery and humanitarian agencies. The Management Team has over 75 years of satellite and telecommunication experience. The company’s flexibility to custom design solutions and integrate various satellite communications technologies for customer, and industry specific needs, sets us apart from the competition.