New York Mobile Satellite trusted satellite communications solutions can help First Responders and Public Safety Organizations resolve key challenges, such as:
- Ensuring availability of communications resources during times of crisis or natural disasters.
- Providing interoperable communications between Public Safety agencies at the federal, state, county and municipal levels. With the added benefit of integrating existing legacy communications equipment into the solution.
- Enabling broadband communications on a global basis for data, video, GPS and Radio over IP systems.
- Optimizing capital and operating costs by reducing implementation timelines and negating the costs of acquiring and maintaining terrestrial radio infrastructure to expand coverage or to add service capabilities.
- Providing effective communications coverage across the continent or globe.
First Responders, Public Safety, & Emergency , including hospitals, Services agencies count on communications to ensure an efficient and coordinated response when fire, accidents, terrorism or natural disasters strike. Emergencies can occur anywhere, so communications services must be available in remote locations and cannot be susceptible to the very threats or disasters to which emergency teams are responding. Network Innovations satellite communications solutions enable effective communications with reliable coverage and easy integration with existing radio systems and IP networks.
- Interoperability – New York Mobile Satellite systems provide push-to-talk radio via satellite. Operating on the basis of talk groups, customers can share access to talk groups for interoperability. These SMART talk groups provide interoperable communications between public safety agencies operating across North America.
- Coverage – Whether you are looking to expand coverage for areas outside of your terrestrial networks or need an emergency backup system, we can provide solutions that work for regional, national or global coverage requirements.
- Availability – For the Public Safety sector we employ technologies that are reliable and available when you need them most; times of crisis. Since we operate on satellite, our systems do not have the susceptibility to damage from hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis or earthquakes. When your radio or cellular tower is knocked down or too busy to handle the call volume, our satellite systems are up and running. New York Mobile Satellite operate on satellites with ample bandwidth available, so that there are no congestion issues.
- Broadband – With systems like BGAN, New York Mobile Satellite bring broadband communications to you on a global basis. These systems provide communications, on the move, for all types of emergency response vehicles or command trailers. For higher speed broadband applications we provide a variety of portable and auto-aiming VSAT systems for multi-Mbps Internet connectivity to support your data, radio over IP or voice over IP applications.
- Capital & Operating Costs – With New York Mobile Satellite solutions you don’t have to design, buy, build and maintain the communications infrastructure. That’s already done for you, so there are significant savings that Public Safety organizations realize by not having to manage the infrastructure. Simply acquire the satellite terminals that you need for voice, PTT or data applications and leverage our economical airtime plans for usage that fits your operating environment.